This prize celebrates the women entrepreneurs behind Europe’s game-changing innovations
Applications for the 2022 edition of the prize have now closed. We would like to thank all the women who applied this year in record numbers.
Applications will now be carefully examined by an independent expert jury. The shortlist of finalists will be announced in November 2022, and the winners will be revealed in December, at the EIC Summit.
The EU Prize for Women Innovators celebrates the women entrepreneurs behind game-changing innovations. In doing so, the EU seeks to raise awareness of the need for more women innovators, and create role models for women and girls everywhere.
The prize is awarded to the most talented women entrepreneurs from across the EU and countries associated to Horizon Europe, who have founded a successful company and brought innovation to the market. The prize is managed by the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency, and the winners are chosen by an independent expert jury.
There are two prize categories:
- Women Innovators category: three prizes of EUR 100 000 each awarded to the most talented women innovators from across the EU and Associated Countries
- Rising Innovators category: three prizes of EUR 50 000 each awarded to the most promising young innovators under 35
Eligible applicants can only apply to one category.
Who should apply
The prize is open to:
- Women (this prize celebrates women in all their diversity)
- Established in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country
- Who have founded an innovative company registered at least 2 years before the call year
Those applying for the Rising Innovators category must be under 35. There is no age limit to apply for the Women Innovators category.
Eligible applications will be evaluated against 3 award criteria:
- Breakthrough innovation – the company founded or co-founded by the applicant provides a truly innovative product or service in the EU market.
- Impact – the product or service addresses a specific societal need or challenge, with significant benefits for people and/or planet.
- Inspiration – the applicant has played a pivotal role in the success of the company, and considers themselves a role model for other women and girls.
How to apply
- 8 March 2022Contest open
- 18 August 2022(17:00 CET )Deadline for applications
- November 2022Announcement of finalists
- December 2022Announcement of winners
Statistics 2019 - 2022
Increase in applications from 2019 to 2022
Split per category in 2022
European Innovation Procurement Awards (EUIPA) 2022 semi-finalists announced today
12 cities from 11 countries have advanced to the semi-final stage of the eighth iCapital edition. The cities aim to become the 2022 European Capital of Innovation or the European Rising Innovative City.
The ninth edition of the EU Prize for Women Innovators closed on Thursday 18 August, with a record 277 applications submitted