The EIC Fund
The EIC Fund provides equity from €0.5m to €15m to breakthrough innovation companies selected for EIC Accelerator blended finance support (grant and equity).
The EIC Fund is a unique entity owned by the European Commission and established to make direct equity investments in companies.
The EIC Fund
- Provides patient capital in the form of equity or quasi-equity (which may also be blended with a grant component) to SMEs and start-ups selected through the highly competitive and rigorous EIC Accelerator.
- Bridges the funding gap for start-ups with seed capital to series B financing, where market entry is at most in a pilot phase to prepare the scaling up of breakthrough European innovations.
- Aims to crowd in other investors, further sharing risks by building a large network of capital providers and strategic partners suitable for co-investments and follow on funding
- Has an investment strategy that covers all areas of technology including in particular health, green and digital. It aims at achieving “impact” and crowding in other investors.
- Provides Investment Guidelines.
The European Investment Bank is advisor to the EIC.
Become an investment partner
Are you a private investor seeking to invest in future breakthrough innovation, together with the European Innovation Council (EIC)?
The EIC Fund provides a single point of access to an aggregated (Europe wide) deal flow of relevant investment opportunities.The EIC Fund offers companies for co-investment which
- are selected by means of a competitive process where highest potential companies are selected
- are granted an EU innovation subsidy of up to €2.5m with 2-year term and for which implementation monitoring is ongoing
- are subject to due diligence (ongoing or finalised)
- are part or will be part of a continuous business acceleration process to improve their investment readiness.
Co-investing in companies carefully selected by the European Innovation Council (EIC) is a great investment opportunity as well as an opportunity to support breakthrough, market-creating innovations across Europe and beyond. Under the pilot phase of the EIC Accelerator, a total of 293 start-ups and SMEs are set to receive both a grant and a direct equity investment to support their scale-up.