Is the EIC Pathfinder really for you?
- Do you have a vision for a future technology that could make a real difference to our lives?
- Do you see a plausible way of achieving the scientific breakthrough that will make this technology possible?
- Can you imagine collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of researchers and innovators to realise the proof of principle and validate the scientific basis of the future technology?
Before you take a strategic decision to apply, look carefully at the objectives of the current Work Programme on the Horizon Europe Funding and Tenders Portal and assess if your project is in line with them. In a nutshell, you need to submit a proposal which will promote collaborative, inter-disciplinary research and innovation on science-inspired and radically new future technologies with the potential to create new markets or revolutionise existing ones.
Be ambitious, follow your 'dream'
- Your proposal as a starting point
- Don't write it for 'us', but for people like you
- Draft what you want or need, not what you think 'we' want
Consortium as embryonic ecosystem (for multi-beneficiary applications)
- There are no hidden expectations from our side
- No cosmetic roles – keep it simple
- Work with the best Novelty starts here
Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate…
- Write your proposal jointly with your partners
- Collaboration driven by joint goals, complementary expertise and mutual learning
- Explore new ways of working/delivering together
Communicate and engage
- Scientific publications in open access
- Inspire others!
- Social network, accessible and understandable material
- Engage beyond scientific community
Bring value to the scientific community and the market
- Protect your invention for IP commercialisation
- Promote efficiency gains with the reusability of your scientific data
We hope that these tips will help you to prepare an excellent proposal!
Do you need more information? Have a look at the Frequently Asked Questions’ page and to the Guidelines for Applicants on the Horizon Europe Funding and Tenders Portal. If you have questions or remarks get in touch with us through the Contact form below or via Twitter @EUeic.