EIC Programme Manager for architecture engineering construction technologies
Franc's expertise is in technology scouting and venture building for the construction sector of the future. The construction sector faces many tough challenges as well as opportunities in areas such as decarbonization, environmental impact, declining productivity and labor shortages.
After his MSc Mechanical Engineering at TU Delft in the Netherlands, Franc was a project manager responsible for some of the largest and pioneering tunnel boring systems for several major clients in Europe and Asia.
He then boxed his safety helmet and earned a fulltime MBA degree at IMD in Switzerland. Franc has since ventured into climate change mitigation combining technology, innovation and entrepreneurship. He joined and founded several deep technology startups, leveraging his knowhow of and passion for construction.
A "strategic designer" avant la lettre, Franc persistently invests in understanding the state-of-the-science in a wide range of fields, and building bridges to future products, customers and business models, and vice-versa.
Start date: April 2022
- 22 MarchAI in AEC - Virtual Conference
- Organised by Finnish Association of Civil Engineers
- Closing session speaker
- Full programme here
- 18 October 2022Water Knowledge Europe 2022, Brussels (BE)
- 22 - 27 SeptemberEIC Challenges Workshop with Member States
- Organised by the Programme Managers' Office
- Please find individual reports and Power Point presentations for the session here