Today the Commission adopted the amendment of the EIC work programme 2023 including two coordination and support actions. Both calls for proposals has opened on 16 August.
- Next generation innovation talents scheme
The Next generation innovation talents scheme has been set up by EIC to allow eligible EU funded researchers to conduct an innovation internship in a hosting EIC or EIT funded company.
The scheme will:
- Enable EU funded researchers to gain direct experience of the complex process of taking innovation beyond invention and help them develop their entrepreneurial mindset.
- Provide innovative start-ups with access to talents from the forefront of research, thus accelerating the development of their breakthrough products and services.
Eligible EU funded researchers will include PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers funded from the EIC Pathfinder, European Research Council, EIT, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions and Research Infrastructures programmes.
- Financial support to access services from ecosystem partners
The cost of specialised services can constitute a barrier for researchers and innovators as they are rarely covered or foreseen within the EIC grant funding and their own resources are often scarce. This coordination and support action aims to provide EIC beneficiaries with financial support to access those services from excellent ecosystem partners from Europe and beyond and meet their specific needs in terms of sectorial knowledge, networks, R&I infrastructure, access to markets or business development.
The action will:
- Increase access of EIC awardees to new partners and services with sector specific knowledge, expertise, equipment/R&I infrastructure, networks, or markets.
- Enable faster transition of innovations from lab to market and scale up of EIC companies, increasing the chances for return on EIC investments.
- Create synergies and further spread excellence within the European Innovation Ecosystem
- Allow EIC ecosystem partners access to a deal flow of top-level European innovators (i.e., EIC awardees).
- Publication date
- 11 August 2023