The European Innovation Council of the European Commission, Trade Estonia, Italian Trade Agency, Switzerland Global Enterprise, Wallonia.be with EuropaBio and in collaboration with the Polish Investment and Trade Agency are pleased to host the “European Night” Reception in the framework of , world’s largest biotech exhibition.
High-level representatives from the European Commission - European Innovation Council and from the European National Pavilions are joining forces to promote the European innovation excellence during BIO 2023, organising an exclusive networking event to connect with business counterparts and innovation leaders.
The invitation-only business reception brings together delegates from across Europe exhibiting at the world's most famous biotech tradeshow in Boston, USA on 5-8 June 2023. More than 300 people, including high-level representatives and companies from different European countries, will attend the event to connect and grow their global partnerships.
The agenda of the event includes a panel discussion moderated by Ms Claire Skentelbery, Director General, EuropaBio (EU) with top European leaders:
- Hilary Stiss, Director, International Affairs and Managing Director, International Council of Biotechnology Associations.
- Alessandra Rinaldi, Trade Commissioner, ITA Los Angeles.
- Benjamin Bollmann, CEO of swissnex in Boston and New York, Consul of Switzerland in Boston.
- Tineke Van Hooland, Deputy Secretary General, bio.be/essenscia, speaking on behalf of Wallonie-Bruxelles International.
- Speaker from the Polish Trade and Investment Agency – to be confirmed.
- Cornelius Schmaltz, Head of Unit, European Innovation Council & SMEs Executive Agency (EISMEA), established by the European Commission (EU).
Representing more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, biotechnology centres and related organisations across the United States and in more than 30 countries, BIO 2023 will shine a spotlight on how technology helps people tackle the world's most pressing challenges. ‘’Stand Up For Science’’ will be the central theme throughout the show, from conference programming to keynotes, highlighting the need for development of innovative concepts and creative products, improving the lives of people around the world.
The EIC Overseas Trade Fairs Programme 2.0 supports EIC beneficiaries to promote their commercialisation strategy in foreign markets and leverage business opportunities at the most popular trade fairs, strengthening the EU innovation brand around the world.
- Publication date
- 30 May 2023