EIC Programme Manager for space systems and technologies
Stella’s expertise is in the commercialization of space technologies. Previously she worked as a commercialization and project manager in the European space industry, managing a number of projects in the telecommunications (e.g. ESA ARTES INDIGO public private partnership, GOVSATCOM, O3B) and Earth observation (e.g. Copernicus Sentinel 1 and Sentinel 3) domains. Her expertise also includes managing and reviewing R&I exploratory projects in the aviation industry for the European Commission. As a commercialization manager, she co-founded a company and helped several SMEs and start-ups grow in the Newspace industry. Earlier in her career, she worked at ESA’s European Space and Technology Centre (ESTEC) on the EU Galileo and the International Space Station (ISS) programs.
She was awarded a PhD by the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of TU-Delft, The Netherlands and a Master of Space Studies from the International Space University (ISU), Strasbourg, France.
She has written numerous articles, books, produced webinars and podcasts on problems related to the commercialization of space technology, the Newspace economy, space debris mitigation, on-orbit servicing, active debris removal and cis-lunar exploration.
Her recent scholarly interest is focused on the future evolution of technology innovations for space debris mitigation, on-orbit satellite servicing and active space debris removal services.
She is the founder and former editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Space Technology Management & Innovation (IJSTMI).
Start date: March 2022
2022 event in the space systems and technologies porfolio
- 7- 8 DecemberEIC Summit, Brussels (BE)
- workshop on space (tbc)
- more about the EIC Summit 2022
- 24 & 25 OctoberEuropean Space Forum 2022
- View full agenda and list of speakers here
- 5 OctoberEIC Podcast series: Episode 1 - Eliminating space debris with innovative technologies
- 3 - 6 OctoberEU Space Week - Prague, CZ (
- organised by the European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA)
- 22 - 27 SeptemberEIC Challenges Workshop with Member States
- Organised by the Programme Managers' Office
- Please find individual reports and Power Point presentations for the session here
- 27 - 28 JuneMAP WHISKIES meeting - Noordwjik, NL
- organised by ESA-ESTEC