On 5 May 2022, the European Innovation Council (EIC) organised an informative workshop to discuss how the European Innovation Gender and Diversity Index call is expected to increase diversity in European tech start-ups.
The European Innovation Gender and Diversity Index call is part of a series of EIC measures to empower women innovators, also aims to increase the participation of tech talents from other underrepresented categories. Other key initiatives include ambitious pitching targets for women-led companies under the EIC Accelerator, a new Women Leadership Programme supporting women entrepreneurs, a gender balanced EIC Board and integration of the gender dimension in the EIC Challenges. The new Women TechEU pilot complements these EIC initiatives, by supporting women-led deep tech start-ups at the early, riskiest stage of the company’s growth.
The EIC launched the call on 5 April 2022, and it is open to single applicants or consortia from all EU Member States and countries associated to Horizon Europe. The winners will be selected by an independent expert jury.
FAQ document will be available soon.
- woman | innovation
- 5 May 2022,
03:00 PM - 03:10 PM CESTWelcome
Irina Reyes, Member of Cabinet of Commissioner Mariya Gabriel
- 03:10 PM - 03:20 PM CESTIntroduction
Jean David Malo, Director of the European Innovation and SMEs Executive Agency (EISMEA)
- 03:20 PM - 03:35 PM CESTThe importance of diversity in EU tech investment
Bindi Karia, former member of the European Innovation Council Board
- 03:35 PM - 04:00 PM CESTState of diversity in European tech companies
Amy Lewin, Editor, Sifted
- 04:00 PM - 04:20 PM CESTPilot EU innovation gender & diversity index action
- Funding women entrepreneurs: state of play Dara Nikolova, Finance Advisor, European Investment Bank
- Objectives of the action in the EIC Work Programme 2022 Keith Sequeira, Head of EIC Board, Strategy and Feedback to Policy, EISMEA
- 04:30 PM - 04:55 PM CESTQ&A
- 04:55 PM - 05:00 PM CESTConclusions
Keith Sequeira, Head of EIC Board, Strategy and Feedback to Policy