EIC Programme Manager for Quantum Tech and Electronics
Samira obtained an Advanced Materials engineering degree from Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden, and subsequently earned a PhD in Materials Science from the Applied Physics Department of the same University, specialising in superconducting quantum devices, nanoelectronics and materials characterisation.
After her postdoctoral fellowship in nanoelectronic devices, she became an R&D project manager in one of the leading firms in the semiconductors industry in Sweden, where she developed the expertise to create proof-of-concept of innovative piezoelectric sensors and energy harvesting devices. Samira learned even more about the practical obstacles that scientists and startups face through her role in the cleanroom management team in one of the largest nanoelectronics hubs in Europe, IMEC, Belgium.
Samira transitioned from technical to policy work with becoming Project Manager - Innovation in the European Standardisation Organisations (CEN-CENELEC). In this role, she worked very closely with the EC JRC, specifically on the initiative “Putting Science into Standards” - aiming to enable and bring scientific outcomes to market. Alongside this collaboration, Samira got involved in Making Quantum Technology Ready for Industry action, which was followed by creating a new standardisation Focus Group for Quantum Technologies.
She also worked closely with DG R&I and National Standardisation Bodies for creating a stronger connection between R&I communities and industry.
Samira has been intently involved in European funded projects through different roles, such as project coordinator, work package leader and proposal evaluator. She also worked on R&I foresight and identifying the upcoming emerging technologies.
Start date: April 2022
- 24 - 25 NovemberEFECS 2022, Amsterdam (NL)
- Organized by KDT
- Check EFECS 2022
- 15 - 17 NovemberPuzzle X, Barcelona (Spain)
- Organized by PUZZLE X Ventures
- Check Puzzle X
- 5 - 7 OctoberACM NanoCom 2022, Barcelona (Spain)
- Organized by Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Check ACM NanoCom 2022
- 22 - 27 SeptemberEIC Challenges Workshop with Member States
- Organised by the Programme Managers' Office
- Please find individual reports and Power Point presentations for the session here
- 23 - 24 JuneMEMS World Summit EU, Lake Maggiore (IT)
- Organized by MEMS World Summit
- Check the Agenda
- 18 MayCEN-CENELEC Focus Group on Quantum Technologies Meeting, Delft (NL)
- Organized by CEN-CENELEC
- Check Towards Standardization for Quantum Technologies