EIC Programme Manager for food chain technologies, novel & sustainable food
Ivan Stefanic is a business development and technology transfer specialist with more than 30 years of international experience in research and business. Since 2013 he is EU IP Helpdesk Ambassador.
Ivan is the founding and executive director of TERA TEHNOPOLIS Ltd. established in 2002 - very efficient and well-reputed ‘one-stop for technology-based entrepreneurs in the region. Besides the strategic EU initiatives: EEN, Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs, and EIT Food - TERA promotes the entrepreneurial spirit and European values.
Ivan's signature program - Be the Role ModelTM was the 2017 National winner in European Entrepreneurship Promotion Award in the category: “Promoting the Entrepreneurial spirit“ and in 2018 in the category: “Investing in Entrepreneurial skills“. In 2021 - Be the Role ModelTM received outstanding recognition - becaming the best practice @ EU Knowledge Valorisation Platform.
Ivan is also a Full Professor at the Faculty of Agrobiotechnical Sciences Osijek in the field of economics and entrepreneurship in agribusiness, and a Leader of the Research Group Agriculture and Resource Economics and Entrepreneurship. He obtained B.Sc. and M.Sc. at the University of Osijek and Pd.D. at the University of Zagreb. Ivan was a visiting scientist at Universität für Bodenkultur, Wien; North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, and the University of Reading, the UK.
He is passionate about gamification of learning experiences, mentoring students and young entrepreneurs, and enterprising university.
- 24 January 2023Webinar "Licensing as exit strategy for the EIC beneficiaries"
- Organised by EIC Programme Managers Office, with the collaboration of Xana Belastegui (Partner at DnA Adivsory Services) and Thomas Bereuter (European Patent Office).
- Watch full webinar here
- 2 - 7 December 2022World Leader Summit 2022 - Connect. Evolve. Innovate. Scaleup.
- Presentation "EIC programmes - Backing visionary entrepreneurs" in the session session "Startup Investment"
- The event site
- 5 October 2022Patent Knowledge Week organized by the European Patent Office (EPO) (online)
- 4 - 5 July 2022EEN Agri-Food Sector Group 3rd Meeting 2022, Palermo (IT)
- organised together with EEN thematic group A2F – Access to finance, D.01 and E.03 Units of EISMEA
- the event page
- EIC programmes - Backing visionary entrepreneurs in the Agrifood sector by EIC Progamme Manager Ivan Stefanic
- Workshop for EEN Members & SMEs: European Innovation Council: Funding opportunities for innovative agrifood companies and application details on the open calls by EIC Programme Manger Ivan Stefanic & EIC Accelerator Project Advisor Michos Konstantinos
- 29 - 30 June 2022Skills for Enterprise Development (S4E) Launch event - Skilling up the Western Balkans agri-food sector: digitalising, greening