EIC Program Manager for health and biotechnology
Iordanis Arzimanoglou has a thirty-year postdoctoral international career. Since June 2020, he has been the Programme Manager for Health and Biotechnology at the EIC, where he´s responsible for developing visions for technological and innovation breakthroughs. Iordanis has previously worked as an EIC Coach & Senior advisor to genomic/genetic SMEs. Iordanis was the Chief Executive Officer of the Thessaloniki Innovation Zone managing company, and prior to that, Chief Executive Officer of the Aarhus Botech Cluster Company (BMF) and was Associate Professor at the Department of Biomedicine Aarhus University.
Earlier in his career, he was the Assistant Professor of Molecular Genetics at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York and prior to that, he was Chief of Cancer Genetics Research Program at Lennox Hill Hospital, New York. Before joining Lenox Hill, he was a research scientist in the Division of Medical Genetics at Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
Iordanis holds a PhD from the University of Athens, Greece in Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, a Boston University Graduate Certificate in international business management and performed his postdoctoral work in the Department of Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York.
Start date: June 2020
- 6 December 2023Visit to KU Leuven
- PM visited KU Leuven and engaged in a discussion with the Dean of KU Leuven Medical School which illustrated the pro-active portfolio approach of the EIC
- 27 October 2023Cell and Gene Therapy Symposium
- On 27 October 2023, the EIC Cell and Gene Therapy Symposium took place in in the context of the in Brussels.
- The event was organised by Dr. Iordanis Arzimanoglou, EIC Programme Manager for Health and Biotech.
- For more information; Highlights from the EIC Cell and Gene Therapy Symposium - European Commission
- 17 October 2023Visit to EPO office in Munich
- PM presented work in licensing and explored the next steps of the EPO EIC collaboration based on the existing letter of intent
- 03 February 2023EIC Accelerator Challenge Info Day
- Presentation of EIC Acceleration Challenge on Novel biomarker-based assays to guide personalised cancer treatment
- Watch the full webinar here
- 24 January 2023Webinar "Licensing as exit strategy for the EIC beneficiaries"
- Organised by EIC Programme Managers Office with the collaboration of John Cosmopoulos (The Office for Technology Transfer & Industry Collaboration, Tufts University)
- Watch the full webinar here
- 10 & 11 January 2023EIC Pathfinder Challenge portfolio: “Emerging Technologies Cell & Gene Therapy” strategy meeting
- 10 January: Subportfolio 1: Advancing cell therapy manufacturing and products to a clinical stage
- 11 January: Subportfolio 2: Improving the effectiveness and lowering the risks of gene delivery systems (vectors)
- Organised by the EIC Programme Manager on Health and Biotechnology
- 13 - 14 October 2022Health Tech Innovation Days (HTIDs) , Paris (FR)
- 8 December 2022EIC Summit - break out session: EIC Programme Managers - proactive portfolio management
- Presentation of EMPE Diagnostics project, EIC funded company, that received investment of EUR 3.2 million from the Gates Foundation-catalyzed by the EIC Programme Manager.
- Event site
- 22 - 27 September 2022EIC Challenges Workshop with Member States
- Organised by the Programme Managers' Office
- Individual reports and presentations are available here
- 30 June 2022Workshop on Licensing in biotech: Experiences and lessons learned from selected EU and US cases (online)
- 22 - 23 June 2022EIT Health - Gold Track, Paris, FR
- Learn more about
- Agenda (PDF)
- 13 April 2022EurA Workshop: EIC Funding Programs for Life Science Research and Business Development (online)
- View presentation by Iordanis
- Organised by
- 21 March 2022Workshop at Bio Innovation Conference, Copenhagen, DK
- See the presentation by Ioardanis (PDF)
- 3 March 2022Health Industry conference – French Presidency, Paris, FR
- Go to the French Presidency website to learn more